City : Enterprise Centre : Where to Begin
Your first step should be writing a really good business plan. This will turn your idea into something that could be reality.
Writing a business Plan:
A business plan is essential for the success of any new business and it is vital to have one when you ask for funding or a partnership. It will also help to keep your business strategy clear in your mind.
Some Resources for Writing Your Business Plan
There is some useful information on the government website.
You will need to consider the following when you are writing your business plan:
- A brief description of your business
- An assessment of the market for your product or service
- Potential difficulties to overcome and opportunities for growth
- How you will finance it before you start to make money
- Short-term and long-term aims, with expected timescales
- Your sales and marketing strategy
- Where you will work from and who will work for you
- Taxes and accounting